Our client, a well-established precision manufacturing company is expanding its global footprint by aggressively penetrating the dental implant market in the USA.
For over 50 years our client has been one of the leading companies in the design, production and JIT delivery of ultra-precise mission critical parts. These parts have been installed in the most extreme and challenging environments in which failure is unaccepted. Established in 1968, this organization designs and produces high-precision machined components for Aerospace, Automotive and Medical device industries.
Scope of Role
• Act as Head of Finance and business partner to CEO and leadership team.
• Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to goals, budgets and forecasts.
• Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
• Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
• Engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO and Executive Leadership Team.
• Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
• Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to key initiatives and operational goals.
• Implement policies and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
Financial Management Responsibilities
• Prepare and present regular financial budgeting reports. Review and analyze period financial results and provide recommendations.
• Develop, maintain and own the operating budget
• Manage financial planning
• Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance and financial procedures.
• Develop and deliver monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Manage the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
• Ensure appropriate legal compliance in all activities within organization
• Represent company to banks, financial partners, investors, public auditors and officials.
• Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
• Oversee cash management, AP and AR.
Fundamental Position Requirements
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 6+ years total accounting or finance experience preferably in a leadership position
• Career experience in dental industry is a strong benefit
• M&A experience
• Fundamental knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, SOX requirements.
• ERP Systems Experience – SAP, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, etc
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Superlative analytical skills
• In-depth real experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
• Dynamic adaptability to keep pace in exciting, start-up business environment
• Based in Orange County, California